Wednesday 1 July 2020

Feel my pain .. "Home Schooling" and another "Dried Citadel Paint Pot"

Hello again! 

One consequence of the dreaded "Home Schooling" arrangement (and I for one will argue that 'this concept [home schooling] does not really exist' or for what it does, it is as much use as 'home dentistry" - all pain and no gain) - is that by the time a "computer comes free" it is always too late into the night for a "good productive stint" .. by which time my butterfly-like attention has drifted off into many others things (such as fixing sand-grit onto miniature bases [useful] and other less fruitful things like washing up [but it is a household "brownie point"]). So posting to my blog has become a rather hit and miss affair .. ho hum, you do your best in such times. On other matters a "universal bane" of mine reappeared .. a dried up pot of Citadel Paint, solid in its pot (see below, rather ironically from their "Dry Paint" range - or rather more looking like Feta cheese, hmm, feels a little like ground hog day): 


Into the bin it goes. I was experimenting with dry brushing the bases of the 1980's US 20mm troops, the light brown dry brush "kind of worked" but not quite it needs a light highlight and maybe a bit of flock, before lashings of varnish

2 comments:

Phil Dutré said...

It's a hit or miss with Citadel paints. I still have pots from the 90s which are perfectly ok, and then I have pots from last year which have dried out.

But I learned to live with it ;-)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Likewise .. I still am using an "original" pot of "Shiny Gold" that is somehow surviving from the late 1980's - perhaps that was because I was such a miser as a DM with gold ;)

I guess I should 'man-up' take it as a form of impersonal GW "Paint Tax" and smugly use the cheaper Vallejo [and better IMHO] equivalents ;)