Friday 15 January 2021

633 Squadron Project: 1/200 BRS Models

If you look closely you will see "half" of 633 Squadron (see below, queue theme music - I know you know it): 


This is one of my long standing childhood "silly dream" projects. 1/72 scale is way too big, as is 1/144 [as well as being seriously expensive last time I looked]. 1/300 seemed "almost right" but a little bit on the small side, so 1/200 seems the manageable compromise and the Warlord kit is very nice (plus I also have a Skytrex Action 200 Nazi Flak Battalion which is the same scale). I know I don't need twelve planes (as you can recycle them round) but once I have done the first six, in for a penny, in for a pound - just the question of a making the fjord scenery and a Nazi atomic factory to blow up ;) 

4 comments:

Renko said...

Looking Good!

rross said...

Ita a great film for sure...my favourite scene is the raid on the Gestapo prison and the nasty female Nazi interrogator flinching as she hears the air raid sirens and flak guns going off!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Renko .. you know that there are some games you just have to do ;)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks RROSS

633 Squadron was one of those "film's you watched with your Dad" while growing up and mum made the tea ;)

How un-PC is that nowadays?