Tuesday 20 April 2021

Now this is an interesting game: Atlantic Chase - GMT Games

From the moment I saw this game advertised on the GMT P500's I knew there was something special about it and after wantonly staring at it over several visits I finally subscribed, six months later a very heavy thud on the doormat announced the beast had arrived (see below, lovely box art of "you know who" as they are making their breakout run into the Atlantic in search of convoys):   


Oh, it has not disappointed me, in fact I feel very invigourated as it shows a fresh new approach to naval campaigning .. but more of that later. The rules are beautifully laid out and theer are accompanying explanatory videos. Even better, I had the great fortune to receive great 1-2-1 tuition via Table Top Simulator (TTS) at the recent Connections Online Conference hosted by the Armchair Dragoons for the Connections family based in the US. 

I must give a shout out to Karl and Tom for their sterling work in instructing me on the nuances of the game as we hunted down the Bremmen! Now that was one German ship I do not have in 1/3000 scale as she is a fast liner!

4 comments:

Mad Padre said...

I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed this, I've heard so much good talk about it that I ordered my own copy today.
I haven't summoned the nerve to tackle TTS yet however.
Cheers,
Michael

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I don't think you will be disappointed
The literature is good and well written to be available to go through yourself

Step by step example game
Lots of solo scenarios
Also plenty of videos helping explain the rules

If you pluck up the courage and go into TTS you should see some games being played and be able to observe the public games


Brilliant concepts too!
Win, win, win all round ;)

Prufrock said...

It does look really good. Quite tempting, even!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Plenty of good stuff in bite sized chunks .. highly recommended