Saturday 13 January 2024

Call of the Cthulhu - Pandemic Style (Collaborative Game)

I can highly recommend this game that was a Xmas present purchase that went down a storm with friends and family (see below, a Pandemic style collaborative game, where the investigators try and stop the sprawling tentacles of doom engulfing humanity): 
 

So far it has been played twice, not with a great success rate for the investigators to date, but they were up against the A-Team of Elder Gods. The board game comes with some lovely miniatures that obviously will need painting in the due course of time. 


I actually enjoyed it much more than a 7.4 rating, my rating would be a 9.0!

3 comments:

Trebian said...

I really like that version of Pandemic. It's my favourite, and I think that the mechanisms fit the theme better than an outbreak of illness.

pancerni said...

Been half looking at this, now I will pick up. We have enjoyed Mansions of Madness for years but it s eems Steam no longer recognizes my account.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Totally agree Trebian
panceni I think it is a no-brainer: engaging, plays relatively quick and is collaborative so you can "groan in pain" together!