Friday 16 September 2022

Ancient Naval Siege - Syracuse 414BC

I seem to be on a Worthington's Games blast at the moment. If it is not the addictive solitaire books then it is their delightful titles such as Syracuse 414BC - the tragedy of all Greek tragedies. When Athens went mad, after going bad n an "imperial" way (see below, the epic sight of a trireme beached on shore with hoplites):


This one again came from Second Chance Games (www.secondchancegames.com) and I thank them for their services to wargaming .. although this was a slightly heavier hit on the wallet being a bookcase game. I am looking forward to it, particularly as it promises to "play quick". Note: there is a two player variant but it is being sold on the solitaire slant!


What sold me was this review - I was struck down and sunk after hearing it :) 

2 comments:

Whisperin Al said...

Worthing are releasing some really entertaining games with great production values. I have “invested” in a few over the last couple of years myself!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I have to confess I am becoming increasingly addicted to their solitaire variety of games! Thumbs up, double plus good!