Thursday 12 January 2023

Strange Blogger Stat Question - View Count Seems Frozen at (1) : Blog Feed Problem

----------------- FIRST DRAFT OF PROBLEM ---------- FIRST DRAFT OF PROBLEM ------------------

Very, very strange, all my posts since (after) January 1st 2023 (as in 2nd January onwards) seem to be getting only one read (best hang up my blogging boots, but wait, I was doing it for my self really, so blog on). I therefore must have one very devoted reader that is not me, or something is amiss with blogger stat counting? Curious!  

If you are reading this and are not the author then the stat counting will have a problem if it says only one read. Please leave a comment to say you were here.

Thank you in advance for your posted comment.

Then after an Internet search ... 

------- STOP PRESS ---------- STOP PRESS --------- STOP PRESS ----------- STOP PRESS ---------

Turns out to be a different problem [not the inability to see this blog as I first thought but] with respect to the "blogger feed" mechanism, updates are not been delivered to other Blogs that advertise my new posts. All getting a bit technical I know.

This helpful post sorted me out by clearing my cache (the "clever" behind the scenes mechanism which controls spotting content "which is new without having to do too much work finding it):

https://support.google.com/blogger/thread/190043761/new-blog-posts-not-updating-on-other-blogs-sidebars?hl=en

With computers there is always something "Heath Robinson" going on in the background ;)  

---------- PROBLEM SORTED ---------- PROBLEM SORTED ---------- PROBLEM SORTED ----------

Business as Usual :) 

---------- PROBLEM SORTED ---------- PROBLEM SORTED ---------- PROBLEM SORTED ----------

5 comments:

pancerni said...

Does sound inconvenient, no readers!

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Well I follow you and read your posts.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thank you pancerni and Independentwargamesgroup - techie issues that happen in the background should be sorted now. Normal (?) service resumes!

Bankinista said...

On a similar (related?) note I used to get told via my email inbox every time you'd posted and so would go to the blog to keep up. Now, without me being aware of having changed anything this doesn't happen and I have to guess my visit times.

Bankinista

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good to hear from you Bankinista, I hope you are well mate
My only thought is that the email subscription may have been quietly reset (aka lost) in teh background
Maybe re-subscribe and I'll post a couple of short tings to see if you can see them coming through!
Hope you get and I some good games in under your bely in 2023!