Thursday 28 September 2023

Books of Interest

It comes from my early childhood days, I am hooked on the "book habit" (they are magical things) and throughout my life nice people (damn them) keep encouraging me to read, by making very good book recommendations. If that were not bad enough, some authors (damn them twice over) are not just content to write one interesting book, but they then go and have the cheek to write another or more! Imagine this crazy situation, what am I to do? (see below, this "book" made me want to read more about the sciences, Ben Miller being a well known TV comedian who kept a dark, secret [as in, he liked science]!): 


I am pretty sure it is a form of mind control (see below, from sensible science mysterious to looking for alien life - then a friend recommended a book that says it is about structure problem solving - but it has a hidden use, designing wargames): 


The question is do I push for another bookshelf or try and squeeze them into my existing ones, or pile them discreetly on the floor, until they become a tripping hazard? Your recommendations greatly received!

2 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

VanGundy looks interesting but I’ve retired from the corporate, scientific problem-solving world.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Jonathans - the Van Gundy book is a heavier read for sure
So I guess that's why I started the science lite ones first