Saturday 20 May 2017

Armada Naval 1588: Battle for Britain Series

Still on a nautical theme and still being inventive with "paper" (and granted with graceful permission to photocopy ship pages for personal use), being a much cheaper entry point into a wargaming period than metals or even plastics for that matter, plus some simple wargame rules (see below):


I must confess this was something of an "impulse purchase" while doing a more boring Amazon book purchase. I wonder how much "Amazon trade" is generated this way ;)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hi,

This is on my list to buy as well. I recently bought the Hastings volume, and am extremely pleased with it. I will probably get the WotR and the Roman-Britain volumes, too--they all offer a very economical (and excellent) way to explore these periods.

Best regards,

Chris Johnson

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

If you game it at least once then it's worth it IMHO ;)
I have too many unmade toys and unread rules awaiting their wargaming destiny ;)

Ian said...

looks interesting - and I have designs for wooden Armada ships like the Anglo Dutch period. how do the rules work?

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Grid based
Have not had time for a detailed look but definitely look "fast play"
Too bust trying to build up a C17th Fleet yo your design

Nine ships of the line to date
2 British
4 French
3 Dutch

More on "the stocks"