Tuesday 19 January 2021

Sci-Fi always has a use for a Naff Model

When I saw a 1/72 model being sold for £1 (in Boyes) I was not expecting "modelling quality" - and it turns out I was right, but instead of bemoaning a terrible representation of a Dutch APC, I could see the Sci-Fi potential of a 15mm futuristic "battle tank" thingy (see below, I must point out even the plastic of a was horrible quality to work with): 


Imagine it painted white, weathered with extra terrestrial muck and supported by Star Gruntz figures (see below, it will look OK as a 23rd century "mother ATV" for an infantry unit): 


Fun to vaguely plausible, not at all serious but not magic (although I do bear in mind Arthur C Clark's quote) that is my take on Sci-Fi- but get it to the tabletop nevertheless ;) 

No comments: