Friday 26 August 2022

Sad Note to Self -- "Ah Bisto" computing (Googlemail) moment! Finding that pesky unread Googlemail Social email (At last)!


For many years I have had an annoying "1 Unread" email in my Social mail box - like an uninvited guest that does not want to go away. It did not unduly worry me (lie) but occasionally I did find it almost (as in very) annoying. A couple of times I started a manual search but broke off .. because I had a lot more better things to do in my short time left on planet earth!

Then one long dark night (ok, yesterday), I was pondering (as in fuming silently to myself), then a little help tip (I was desperate and types a random series of pleading words into the" Help bar") came to my aid and by using the magical incantation of category:social is:unread in the search bar (and holding a lucky rabbit's foot) .. stop press .. I got it! (see below, you too can search and experiment): 

And guess what. Yes. It was a totally unimportant email, from 2017 that was of no use to me, but I will sleep well tonight (in 2022)!

:) 

1 comment:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Well I take small comfort in any small victory in technology ;)
So much is seemingly linked to Googlemail it seems a tricky sticky web to leave cleanly