Sunday 16 September 2012

Birthday Present - Das Boot in 1/350 Type VIIC U-Boat

It can be nice to be surprised. In short I am a happy man drifting through my forties (another birthday down) still making plastic models that I never asked for but when opened are a nice piece of history (see below):


This is the 1/350 scale Revell Type VIIC German U-Boat and it is a lovely detailed kit. Destined methinks to be painted as U-81 which sunk the Ark Royal (boo hiss) in the Mediterranean in 1941.

Once fully completed I will have to find a wargaming use for it ;)

6 comments:

Pablo J. Álvarez said...

Very nice kit...but you will have a problem, when you look for an Ark Royal in 1/350 scale, to play with Both.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good point, I was concentrating on trying to figure out how to make a periscope from cardboard tubes

;)

I know there is a game there somewhere ;)

Paul said...

Many happy returns Geordie. Nice pressie as well.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks Paul

You are turning into quite a nautical buff yourself ;)

Al said...

cool, something completely different

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Yes I have the urge to start watching Das Boot again ;)