Monday 8 October 2018

Stalingrad (2013)

Finally caught up with this one. A gritty extravaganza of set . A ruined city, a downed Heinkel, the statue of a circle of children dancing. Plenty of sustained HMG fire, snipers, Tommy gunners, mortars, a Soviet Scout, artillery barrages and crossing the Volga under fire, Least said about teh love interests the better. From a wargamer's perspective I really enjoyed it (see below):     


Spoiler alert: "Goodbye boys!" but a Soviet win!

PS: I know understand the Chain of Command scenery my friends have been conscientiously making ;) 

2 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

I have to say that this one was probably my least favourite Stalingrad film, but it did have some hilarious moments.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

What I liked about it was that the action all took part in one square precinct that was one small portion of the battle that .. went on