Tuesday 30 October 2018

25/28mm Malburians Painting Spree Starts

Fresh from the land of 40K the same watered painted brush started getting into the 25/28mm Malburians needed as part of a large Ramillies re-fight scheduled fro January 2019 (in what is called a 'late' Christmas game). These boys are destined to be Spanish-Italians fighting in the French Army (see below: the brigade was found lurking in an old chocolate box in the loft ):


Given that their predominant colour is "White" I based them with a grey (see below, Vallejo Cold Grey): 


For this information I turned to a friend's ancient Malburian tome of reference. Still good even after all these years (see below, it seems that Mr Grant certainly new a thing or two):



The Regiment in question is the Grimaldi, so on page 49 of Volume 2 (16 lines down in the army list) I found their painting guide. White with other stuff  red. If I follow the Warhammer way I should 'base paint' the red bits, then "Shade" into the crevices, which I think should be as a watery black wash. Hollowing that "Highlight 1" [Grey - White] and then subtle "Highlight 2" [White].

2 comments:

Tim Gow said...

You’re a brave man tackling that lot! I’ll stick with much easier to paint 54mm....

RangorUK said...

I used to have a very large 15mm WSS collection including all the Bavaria Regiments and British plus Dutch Danes and French.