Sunday 18 November 2018

December 2018 issue of Wargames Illustrated with the Cruel Seas "Boat" Sprue

Sequence of actions: Big kid enters candy store, sees best candy ever, buys one (restrains himself from buying two but then orders the bigger "pre-order" Starter Set) and takes it home and immediately starts eating or rather making it (see below, the "candy" bar):



Said "big kid" puts together the "candy" and is one happy big kid [albeit no longer in the "candy shop"] knowing that at least the "candy" has been assembled is ready for the 'painting tray' (see below, or on closer inspection are they ready .. drum roll?):


I have a piece left over and it does not seem to go obviously anywhere! Have I missed a bit of a gun somewhere? It seemed to be parked where all the other gun bits were, but I don't want to go just sticking a bit on any old thing! Dilemma! (see below, middle left hand side - the mystery piece):


I did a Warlord Games S-Boat Google search but all the images seem to look like the S-Boats or E-Boats (take your pick) I have assembled. Sadly the "sprue" was considered so straightforward it came without instructions ... argh. Any help appreciated (and thanks in advance) .. they may be crew seats!

PS: I also notice that the "sprues" were a mixture of RN Vospers and KM E-Boats. They seem to be selling really fast! In fact no RN Vospers were left by the time I picked up my copy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to know, my copy must be arriving soon if you have yours already, ... fab.

DeanM said...

That's cool. I may have to pick up a copy.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

No worries
I am tempted to get another if I spy a RN MTB sprue
;)

Dave S. said...

Warlord Games posted an image with the parts listing here (https://us-store.warlordgames.com/products/kriegsmarine-e-boat-flotilla) it looks like it is piece 7 which is the 37mm flak gun with crew.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Dave

Much appreciated!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Note to Self:
I could not get my hands on a second Vosper MTBs though
I hear January's WI will be carrying another sprue too!
So fingers crossed!