Monday 1 July 2019

Crusader II Update - Models Constructed

The recent Crusader II 20mm WWII tanks move from recent acquisitions to recently built over the weekend (see below, nice little kits that went together without too much fuss at all):


No turret machine gun provided, I will improvise something later. However I must confess not to miss the fiddle it would have entailed (it would have been tiny) in the build. The only confusion was exactly where to fit the raised rear decking as not to obstruct the pipes leading to the exhaust unit. A dry assembly would (should) have helped (when will I ever learn I kinda ploughed on and hoped for the best - but it all came out OK in the end).

Which means if I follow the principle of building and trying to complete what you last bought (a dangerous thing for a wargamer to try and do) - I must explain to myself what [or rather why?] I bought the Warlord Games Classical Greek Phalanx for (Answer: "Mortal Gods m'Lord!" and that seems to be a very good buy) and also the Perry's 28mm WWII American GI Infantry (Answer: Guilty as charged - insanity - scale creep up to 28mm in a period I had already both covered in 20mm and 15mm, due to some very bad influences from Hartlepool and great cover art). I know in fact I will also but the US Infantry from Warlord Games [and perhaps a Sherman Tank!] as I am getting addicted to Warlord Games 28mm plastics. My excuse is that I am using them as a catalyst to jump start many other stalled projects - they simply get the juices flowing. There are some very talented sculptors out there! 

2 comments:

Doug said...

If it is any consolation, I have forces for WW2 in 6mm, 15mm, 20mm (1/72) and 28mm. We all do it, in my case because I moved and my new group game in a different scale. Sometimes it's just because we must have a particular kit or figure. Cest la vie.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Doug, it is of great consolation thanks

And to all those critics f 20mm (and there are a few) .. all scales are good but 20mm seems to be prolific in what you can easily get!