Wednesday 22 April 2020

Goodbye Old Faithful Friend (Well it is actually a Brush)

This little chap served me well. It was always described as a 'fine detail brush' (an Italeri 000 to be exact) that served me well (I keep saying that) painting small kit, 10mm British and Italian Pendrakon infantry, as well as many a Fantasy figure before its crowning glory of the recent USN Pacific War flight decks in 1/3000. It had the ability to shed hairs with dignity so that in the end its brush designation was something like (00000) as it had but a "few delicate hairs" left - a bit like my head too (see below, the triangular grip was a good steady grab point too, nice - and it had a relatively long life consistently keeping its point, a big bonus for a brush methinks):


So, as we are in lock-down nipping out and getting a replacement is not so easy, so it is a case of pulling what I can from the hobby box in the mean time! It's last act my be a few "eyes" and fine markings on my Dungeon and Dragons figures ;)