Sunday 17 May 2020

28mm KV1 (or KV2) - "The People's Heavy Tank"

I put specific boxes on my "computer desk" eye-line to taunt me into "reminding me they are still here". The Warlord Games KV1/2 pack is a case in point. I have already assembled (but not yet painted the infantry) but the beast of a tank remains. On the back of "how easy it was to put together" the Sherman V I though, "Well it's time!"  (see below, I particularly like the strident pose of the tank commander, trucking no doubt in the defeat of fascism): 


The KV1 has an ugly sister, the quite frankly ridiculously looking "land battleship turret" of the KV-2. The Mannerheim Line bunker buster for the Russo-Finnish war. Just fire facing a frontal target or god knows what will happen (see below, freakish and frightening at the same time): 


I still have to get a bog standard T-34 in this scale, early war preferably - although there is always a place in my heart for the T34-85 post Kursk! 

3 comments:

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Chunky Russian armour - with Davros lurking in the background. So that's where he got the idea for the Daleks from! Let's hope they don't cross breed.

Renko said...

She (he?) certainly has gravitas!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

LOL

Still got to paint it ;)