Tuesday 5 May 2020

Lego Harry Potter Game from the Loft

Rummaging around in the loft and I came across this little gem I had completely forgotten about. I think I originally just got it from a charity shop as a cheap source of Lego pieces and forgot about it, saving it for a rainy day or rather a Corona-virus Lock-down! First of all it has a nice Harry Potter Hogwarts feel to it but secondly it has an innovative playing surface, completely smooth and shiny on one side which allows flat Lego pieces to slide around on it as the "maze" changes. In this way it reminds me of one of my favourite kids games Labyrinth! (see below, complete with original "Harry Potter game box-lid"): 


A close up of the game itself, there are sixteen sliding pieces contained within the walls of Hogwarts. Four teams compete to grab four items and make it back home to win (see below, the only hassle I see  are the relatively fiddly pieces to a cumbersome fat-fingered adult hand):  


It literally is another "game in a box" almost like Bob Cordery's 'Portable Wargame in a Pizza Box' game

2 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Nice. Some of the very best stuff comes from charity shops. You just never know what you're going to find. Well done.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I totally agree
I do like a good rummage
A bit like the old model shops that seem to be a thing of the past