Thursday 3 August 2023

Learning Project: The Last Hundred Yards Boardgame - GMT

The Last Hundred Yards (LHY) - WWII Tactical Wargame Rules.

This (LHY) is my 2023 "Board Game" summer project. I missed the first printing of LHY back in 2019 but I immediately seemed to hear so many good things about it I just had to put my name down on the GMT's P500 queue and wait in stoic silence (as the world seemed to come to a grinding Covid halt). I sat "queue watching" as it slowly ticked up to the GMT P500 reprint threshold leader board (literally waiting through the Pandemic years) and as the then post-pandemic logistical shipping and manufacturing nightmare cleared, saw it finally drop into my lap earlier this year. I also noted that the Airborne Over Europe, LHY Volume II "completed" the system so I bought into LHY system "big time" (as in, when available and at a relatively sensible price - don't hesitate buy or regret at your leisure). I this have all the core rules required. My hope is that it is the Squad Leader (SL) [golden game of my youth] replacement that Advanced Squad Leader (ASL) never was to me. My big hopes rest on its tiny shoulders!

It is highly rated by Board Game Geek: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/202721/last-hundred-yards 

Learning all teh new tricks from the youth of today I totally buy into the video jump start, tips and tricks from YouTube (as listed below): 


GMT Games LHY Links:
Useful Videos: 

Harsh Rules Channel (LHY):
Solo Board Gaming (AOE)

No comments: