Saturday 12 August 2023

My Perfect Holiday - 2023!

My perfect holiday. I shall first set the scene (see below, I gathered around me the vital ingredients of relaxation while the family go out to see Barbie, 'sadly' I could not go as I had to stay and watch the dog - as we could not leave him alone in the chalet, although he mostly watched me while curled up on the sofa):


The Last Hundred Yards is my summer tactical WWII infantry project. Next, when you look around you,  you find you are in the middle of a battle site, albeit a Medieval one you know almost nothing about, Tewkesbury - War of the Roses, classic Kingmaker [Avalon Hill original if you have it or the new revamped game, with excellent reviews] (see below, I had to buy a reference book - I do remember a reference from Simon Schama and the History of Britain): 


Trying not to look at the price as it is currently on a "special offer" - cheaper online than where I got it from, but it was a holiday treat! The banners that adorn Tewkesbury were a real treat! Inspiration strikes as I do have some 28mm Perry and 'other' figures in the loft, to paint up now! Or is this really befitting of a new 10mm project .. question left unanswered! Oh, and I did managed to catch the second day of teh Battle of Evesham (really medieval 1265, Second Baron's War - a Henry III and Simon de Montford). Hats off to the re-enactors who braved and endured the inclement weather. 

4 comments:

Simon said...

I would use 10mm figures.

Ray Rousell said...

What a shame you had to stay home and watch the dog.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Ray ;)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Simon, I am liking your thinking!