Sunday 19 February 2023

British Army Chieftain and Berlin Camo Reference Material

Another Airfix build from the loft, this time a Cold War veteran, the BOAR Chieftain or rather a second to keep an earlier Chieftain build company (see below, it was an old kit in the hard plastic [cover picture showing a finished model as opposed to the "crossing the rugged field" artwork - so it was pretty old] and dangerously brittle tracks): 


Thinking of the Berlin garrison with its unique urban camo (see below, nothing like setting yourself a challenge): 


Well I had me some fun running around the Internet seeing various sources and takes on the Berlin Camo pattern: 


Watch this space for the painting description (eventually), but I think it will be a slow process.

2 comments:

pancerni said...

Berlin camouflage, you are ambitious! I tried a ham handed approach thirty years ago, bet yours is better.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Yeah, as soon as I said it I immediately regretted it ;)
But in for a penny, in for a pound!