Monday 20 February 2023

German Recon 20mm Airfix Classic (Vintage) Set

Another Airfix classic, this time a muddled box of confused spares and complete sprues with had two Kubelwagans and two 222 armoured cars. Yes the early war German classic Recon Set (see below, one twist as I left teh turrets off the armoured cars as I will be converting these to a 221 machine gun armed version and a 223 radio car version - wish me luck):   


This would mean that combined with my existing force of 222 armoured cars (good for Russia 1941 onwards to 1943 in grey), or I can either go more early war, and field the machine gun armed 221 and Hortch Kf 13 armoured cars (thinking Poland 1939 and France 1940). Either way the 223 is a good radio Command Car option. 

3 comments:

pancerni said...

Ambitious, sounds like fun as well.

Archduke Piccolo said...

I've always thought highly of the Airfix recon kit. The figures were useful too.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

pancerni I have a cunning plan and some spare radio aerials from PSC 232 armoured car set

Archduke Piccolo you are spot on
The German figures look like Colditz Guards that mean business