To this end a play-test or two has shown this aspiring French commander what not to do in honour of the Emperor.
Key points of interest/note:
- Do not attempt to "escalade" (surprise attack with inferior numbers) a strong-point held by the KGL
- Do not attempt to mass attack with only two columns (columnar) a strong-point held by the KGL
- In fact either ignore (preferred option) or batter it with artillery
- Only attack disordered British infantry
- Don't let your cavalry be disordered (by artillery) as they form up to charge
- Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, mass it
- Expect brutal things from cavalry unless you disorder them first
Best not fritter away a Corp of Napoleon's finest and expect to see France again!
After a "tour de force" of what not to do,bring on the campaign ;)