Saturday 24 December 2011

Xmas Painting Tray

While the turkey is roasting, you never know I may be able to slip away ... and do a quiet spot of festive model painting. Perhaps the "Sink the Bismarck" Airfix HMS Hood in 1/1200, 25/28mm Mounted and Foot Renaissance or ... 


To attend the small matter of some Polish WW2 armour from SHQ (see above dressed in Tamiya Matt Black) waiting for their funky three tone early war camouflage scheme. It must have been effective as the Germans seemed to copy it later in the war when they needed to hide their tanks!


Nicely cast models, but I want to "plastic-card the bottoms over" (explain that last sentence in a court of law) as they have a rather "hollow shell" structure (understandable by SHQ to keep weight and costs down). Maybe it's just me but it somehow feels wrong when I pick them up (makes them slightly less durable in my mind too)?

Note: There are two of the "gun version" (for the fighting tanks) and a "command" twin MG version tank, good enough to field as an independent Polish tank company (in CD3 terms) against my early war Panzer I's, II's, III's and IV's..

4 comments:

Dux Homunculorum said...

Good luck mate!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

The Hood got a lick of paint this morning ;)

Whisperin Al said...

Don't fancy your chances if you get caught! :-)

Have a great Christmas!

Monty said...

Happy Christmas, Geordie! No painting for me over the festive fug I'm afraid...oh, well never mind; I have got it on good authority though that Santa may be bringing me some PSC stuff...;)
All the best,
Monty