Tuesday 11 December 2018

Wish Me Well on Cruel Seas (the Warlord Games Version)

A "Merry Little Xmas" present to myself indeed (See below, and more successful than the "air blown" Happy Snowman shown in the background):


Warlord Games had a little problem with the shipping as they are sending on the "wake markers" as soon as they get them, which all-in-all as there is plenty of reading and assembling to be done in the meantime.

Myself a veteran 1/600 Skytrex range I am looking forward to see how it plays and hope for a game or two over the Christmas period and early New Year. I think it is a "Game in a Box"  to my mind. I cannot see myself running after the "bigger items" as they would be almost too big to get on table (admittedly there are some "big" 1/200 - 1/350 - 1/400 model ships about). I cannot see myself travelling far outside of the North Sea as the other theaters have "lesser appeal" (famous last words). I think January's WI may carry some more Cruel Seas ships which is good news even if they are repeats!

 

6 comments:

David Bradley said...

The plastic models that are due with the January issue of WI are USN PT boats.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Oooh
Now that will be interesting!

I did not see the WI in the WH Smith shops I looked in
I will have to ask a friendly game shop owner to put a copy aside for me

The yanks did fight in The Channel with their PT Boats in 1944!

David Bradley said...

May be a bit early to see WI on the shelves yet - may be this time next week. I've just got the starter set - quite impressed. As you say PPT boats saw action in the Channel.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I think the early birds to the newsagents will snap up these worms as they are worth more than the cover price of the magazine, as I would quite happily doubled up magazines for another sprue of Vospers

Whisperin Al said...

I must admit I thought Cruel Seas would be right up your street. Have fun and have a wonderful game-filled Christmas mate!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

You read me like a book!
I am in multi-scaled naval madness from the big to small

;)

Likewise Whisperin Al have a good 'un!