Saturday 15 December 2018

Malburian Infantry WIP Update

In the style of the Grand Old Duke of York, he had ten thousand men (see below, I started with a mere eighteen - these have been primed, washed and base-coated their predominant colour):


This means I can start working through the highlighting (see below, the top row is still base painted, but underneath going left to right are progressive elements of highlighting, with a finished one on the end): 


A close up of "Finished Fred" (see below, looking perhaps a little cock-eyed but I like his surliness):


One down and seventeen in the regiment/brigade (delete as applicable). Following this six Grenadiers and a dozen Walloon Cavalry, plus as an added bonus Prince Eugene himself (batting for the other side).

6 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Ray
It bis my Winter Project (or at least one of them)

Archduke Piccolo said...

Snap! I've done my first batch of Wargames Factory figures also as Imperialist, though I have stretched a point by including a grenadier battalion. My infantry units are 36 figures, but can be split into 18-figure battalions if I was to represent a larger force. My Cavalry units are 24 figures strong.

I recently bought a couple of 'starter armies', but haven't yet decided whether they are to be French or Catalan...

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cool
Good news on the eye front too
Have a great Xmas

Duc de Gobin said...

Fantastic work. Now, I a, genuinely interested as i have about 70 of these to do and want to speed paint. Did you base coat white then wash with black ink to start?

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Hello Doc,

Yes, base coat white was because I had run out of Airfix Grey Primer - next comes wash (Vallejo Brown) not ink. I would not call it speed painting but easier painting or more enjoyable painting. I do tend to get drawn in but at least I set up a "factory production line" with a system. The beauty is you can do little bits each night. That's the way I manage to get through a pile of figures! One thing that does "get to me" is that Malburians all so seem to share a similar pose - whereas Napoleonics have individual character. I am still in the foothills of Napoleonic appreciation ;)

Have festive fun painting ;)

Best Wishes
Mark