Friday 21 December 2018

"E-Boat bearing Green 20!"

The sharped eye lookout spotted a sinister shape lurking in the (displaying no wake as I had forgot to put one in the picture) and cried out in alarm (see below, my first factory fresh German S-Boat):


Just the basic colours (not even a highlight). I will slip a coat of matte varnish on her ready for the first Cruel Seas scenario. All I have to do is paint up a couple of Vospers! I started with my Airfix Acrylic primer followed by a Vallejo Black Wash.

Painting Notes: 
I had a hard time acquiring the correct '50 shades of grey' as per the Cruel Seas painting guides but I did get the legendary Vallejo Model Colour London Grey to which I painted the S-Boat deck. The light (Vallejo Sky Grey) grey was subbed by Vallejo by the Vallejo Game Colour Stonewall Grey. Oak was in turned replaced by Beasty Brown (decking) and Panzer Periscope was replaced by Imperial Blue (windows). That just left gun metal for the torpedoes, with the top quarter of the fish (or "eels") painted black. I did not bother with the fleck of gold at the rear of the torpedo as suggested in the painting guide. Still to do is a little "grey highlighting" but I can get away without this in the first instance. 

4 comments:

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

Cracking job old chap! I am STILL waiting on my copy....:-(

All the best,

DC

Renko said...

I'm painting a target err tanker at the moment - maybe get a game in soon

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

David, is your name on Santa's "naughty" list?
;)

I guess you are playing the game of "watch the postie" with keen intent!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Renko

That would be good
I can see myself getting a crazy 1/350 warship!
Liberty Ship seems "sensible"

;)