Saturday 2 March 2019

"Call it Qids" or should that be "Qids in" SOA Kadesh Battle Game

It may not map directly onto my DBA Biblical Armies Project but under the recommendation of Trebian I purchased the "Call it Qids" board game from the venerable Society of Ancients (SOA, by Ian Russell Lowell). Looks and interesting little zip-lock (see below, if I want to convert it from counter to figure I may have to get more chariots):


An interesting booklet, a decorative laser cut piece of MDF with hieroglyphs, a map and some counters. All I need now is a cold beer, a quiet spot in the garden and some time to immerse myself in some reading!

2 comments:

Trebian said...

Army lists for this period are always light on chariots. Chariots are the cutting arm of the army. the foot troops are for garrison work and to provide a base for chariots to attack from. They should not be troops you can win a battle with.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Trebian
Looks like more 6mm Chariots will have to be painted then ;)
Which can't be seen as a bad thing :)