Monday 23 December 2019

November Wargaming Show: Stockton Battleground

Looking back to November this year I had the good fortune to help out with an exhibition game at the Stockton Battleground Wargame Show. A 10mm epic Napoleonic feast, the last day of the 1813 Leipzig battle, the largest Napoleonic battle. The battlefield set-up and rules were a hex driven (Kallistra scenery) tribute to the Avalon Hill era  - you could say an Avalon Hill rule appreciation society. The goal being to be able to play epic sized Napoleonic battles "quicker" than they actually took (see below, these 10mm figures came from the Pendrakon stable, which seemed appropriate as they organised the show):


In addition to playing I managed to do some shopping between dice rolling and figure moving (see below, following on from the Wargames Illustrated "freebie" - after several good recommendations from friends I took the plunge and bought the starter set, yes yet another Napoleonic Naval scale!):


Catching the corner of my eye I saw a "must have" throwback to my childhood, 2000AD tribute to Judge Dredd (see below, get ready for Block War .. mine is the JRR Hartley Block, fly fishing anyone. Watch out from those no good perps from the Homer Simpson Block, they are trouble and they will catch some "rod"!):


The last purchase was looking forward to my communal 2020 project, the Western Desert in 10mm, my bag is the Italians (see below, a party pack from Pendrakon):


So plenty of painting planned for the festive break!

No comments: