Sunday 29 December 2019

Imperial Fighters Assembled: 40K

I have to say that GW are turning into a nice modelling shop, comparable with Warlord Games for producing interesting (though expensive it has to be said) pieces of kit. After "doing" the Orc air component for AI (Aeronautica Imperialis) I moved onto the Imperials (see below, for some reason they remind me of the USN Air Force - thinking Corsairs here for some reason):


This is another example of a "game in a box" independent of buying into the whole genre. I am keen to try the rules to see if they work well for modern air. Speaking of air I feel an urge to get into Blood Red Skies (interestingly Renko likes  to play both sets of these "air rules" and was last heard begging me to "finish painting those Orc jets" because he sorely needed help from being blown out of the sky by the heavily gunned Imperials). 

2 comments:

Bluewillow said...

Interested in how the rules play for early jet warfare also!

Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

:)

I seem to have a backlog of "Games in a box" to play
I will have to stop buying them and start playing them