Saturday 21 November 2020

1,000,000+ of exactly What?

Numbers can mean everything and nothing at the same time. My blog recently passed a mile-stone of sorts but I honestly know not what it means (see below, tell me - what exactly does 1,000,000 blog hits mean to anybody [and I am not looking for self-praise]? Probably absolutely nothing [to quote Bruce Springstein about "War. What is it good for?"]):


I am just impressed that I have 'chundered' away in my own style of ramblings for over ten years documenting "thoughts on", "random interests", "successes in battles" and "failures in battles" - as well as strange "bits of interest" picked up along the way. I am not convinced that a million of anything meaningful has really been recorded of anything, This is not an online store and net-crawling bots are just self serving for their own good. As far as I can make out from passive and active contacts maybe there are between twenty to sixty readers. Most of which I know online and/or F2F. To these fine hobbyists "I salute you!", because I enjoy your work too! 

7 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

congratulations!

Ray Rousell said...

Congrats on the milestone!

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Congratulations on joining the ‘million hit’ club!

All the best,

Bob

Bankinista said...

I think you'll find that Bruce Springsteen was covering an Edwin Starr song. Anyway,it's not totally true. Arming bombs in WW2 led to the invention of Fuzzy Felt. Of course, whether the trade-off was worth it ........

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheer Johnathan, Ray and Bob .. I but follow in your footsteps ;)


And finally Bankinista .. erm, yes, that and ljots of small scale 1/72 replicas of tanks I suppose (amongst other things) ;)

Shaun Travers said...

Congratulations on a great milestone! I look forward to reading many more posts!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Shaun!