Friday 27 November 2020

Modern Skirmish Project: US and Middle East Militia (WIP)

This post is mainly a reminder to myself that I have a small scale modern skirmish project (WIP - aimed at a Modern Chain of Command Rule-Set [platoon level OoB]) "still in play" (aka get off your backside and finish it). These Americans are [old] Revell Modern US (although you could really date them back to late 1980's-1990's, so perhaps they are not that really that 'modern-modern' - they are in fact at least 25 years old). I have already taken a few US troops past the undercoating stage [in fact I am almost finished a squad, see this post] but, confession, ahem, got 'distracted' with 'other things' as is per my wargaming butterfly instinct (see below, my US Alpha platoon):   


They need some opposition and for modern peace-keeping operations Caesar provide a variety or Urban Resistors, Somali and Middle-East "resistors" (see below, "hundreds of them Sarge!" equipped with a variety of interesting weapons - generic enough to be on table together):   


I also have a small collection of 20mm vehicles that deserve their "time in the sun!"

2 comments:

Pete. said...

Nice looking collection there. There are some pretty nice scenario packs from Brittons publishing that could give you some ideas if you get stuck for scenarios. I've got a few of them and quite like them.

Cheers,

Pete.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Pete
Early days but watch this space
Thanks for the tip