Sunday 19 September 2021

SCRUM Books: Guide and Handbooks

Quite possibly my most favourite pair of books of all time in the world (see below, these two books make sense from a software development perspective, a project management sense and also a "life adventure sense" - but they also describe the evolution of adaptive complex systems - aka intelligent behaviour *see below, if that seems too academic or vague replace it with "it just makes stuff happen quickly without the bull!"): 


As always I listened to the Audible versions first, then my itchy fingers just had to get a paper copy (this happened in both cases) - "to flip through", as one has the want to do! 

2 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

Yay, Scrum! I can't say I've heard of Sutherland, I tend to follow Mike Cohn (and I was fortunate enough to do my Scrum Master certification taught by Mike himself).

My favourites Agile book is 'The Lean Enterprise' by Humble, although I guess it is getting a bit old now. It encompasses systems of record as well as the exciting innovative stuff. And as my job was 90% monolithic old corporate systems....

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Sounds "close enough" for me
The above are highly recommended and in wargaming parlance are of compatible scale ;)