Sunday 12 September 2021

Last Sprue Plastic Warlord Game Russians Assembled - Yippee

Dilemma. Well I have the basic Russian platoon  formation in Warlord Game figures for (early war to at least 1943) Russians [Stalingrad and the basic Chain of Command OoB] but I was left with a sprue of eight men. I had to urge to "clear the Russian project shelf" so rather than make some 'basic rifles' I wondered what to do with them. In the end I went for the following mix - an observing prone "officer type" with binoculars, two LMG teams [as the latter part of the Stalingrad campaign seemed to be pushing them into OoBs] and three SMG's - two of which were "Tank Hunters" with a short life expectancy (see below, my last Soviet raw plastic ready for the 'paint shop'): 


The same but posed for Pravda camera shot (see below, "Defenders of Stalingrad drive the Fascists Back into the Volga") :


Job done :)

Albeit with painting to follow! 

4 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

I find making up the odds and sods is the most enjoyable part. You can't have too many leaders with binoculars, and I converted one SMG gunner into a flamethrower guy. My most used Sov conversion is the officer with a big megaphone, and the NKVD firing squad, which feature in almost every game.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I agree

There comes a point also that a completed figure means that you don't inadvertently buy "double of something" you know you needed for an OoB!

Pete. said...

Those look great- have character to them.

Extra Russian LMGs are useful if you want to do a 'paper' organisation for a platoon.

Cheers,

Pete.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Sometime Peter they are the long thing left holding the line in Chain of Command ;)