Sunday 23 September 2018

Warlord Games: Cruel Sea

Have to say I'm interested in knowing more about this one!
http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2018/09/breaking-warlord-games-cruel-seas-world.html

However I am pondering on the facts that:

  • I have various ships in naval scales of 1/3000 .. 1/1200 .. 1/720 .. 1/700 .. 1/600 .. 1/500 .. 1/72 already
  • My "coastal forces" are currently 1/720 .. 1/700 . 1/600 (Skytex and various plastic manufacturers) with the thought of expanding my Navwar 1/3000 WW2 ship collection in that direction too
  • The Warloard Games models I havse seen pictures of looked very good; exquisite (practical for wargaming but also detailed enough to engage modellers) so I think they are between 1/350 and 1/200?

I think it might be quite expensive from the models .. but what about the rules? Can they be borrowed for other scales?

Stop Press: Update from Renko

7 comments:

Simon said...

I think the speed markers in the last picture give a clue. Probably not suitable for other scales and need the Warlord models, they look expensive.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I fear you may be correct

I was hoping the "rules" are transportable though ;)
I had some friends who went to the Warlord Games open day yesterday so I am hoping for some first hand gossip from them

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

It looks very tempting but when have considerations of (yet another) scale and expense ever gotten in the way of a new wargames project...???

...sigh...here I go again....

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

David we can discuss at CoW 2019 ;)

Carl said...

I went. Ships scaled to 1/300. Game played very well and starter should be out December. Around 50 quid and includes MTBs and S-Boats

Dave S. said...

I'm interested in seeing the rules to see if I can play them with my current 1/600 scale ships.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

A Xmas present for a £50 punt seems reasonable!
But yes .. the RULES?