Friday 14 September 2018

Cat stops wargaming play!

The family cat (called "Wish") thinks that she has found her perch for the night, astride my sons school bag on the kitchen table. She seems settled and very comfy, in cat-like contentment (see below):


So I skilfully engage in a "man-to-cat discourse" explaining to her the need for my use of the table to instigate my next episode in my wargaming education, namely a game of Panzer Leader with some friends who will be arriving very shortly (see below):


She seems to say, "Panzer Leader by Avalon Hill you say" (see below):


"Are you kidding!" She is not impressed! I had to resort to cat-treat blackmail!

3 comments:

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

As the casual acquaintance and provider of treats and shelter to three felines I sympathise with your plight. The thing is you can bet that they know EXACTLY what they are doing and what the outcome will be - in this case treats!

For a real horror story a gaming chum of mine was into a fairly pivotal 1942 moment playing the huge board game Drach Nach Osten. At the time Stalingrad had several very large stacks of counters in and around it. When I say stacks I mean of course skyscrapers of the things.

The two gamers had retired to lunch when the cat took it upon himself to jump on the table and sit astride the Volga. That in itself was not too bad until he stood up and then scratched....

I believe they were still finding counters secreted in various parts of the lounge some months later.

All the best,

DC

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

I feel your pain ... just as our cat would have felt the toe of my boot if it had got onto my wargame table! (This latter statement is - of course - untrue as I cannot get my leg high enough in the air to kick the cat if it is on the tabletop and my wife would have killed me if I had!)

All the best,

Bob

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Worse than that she seems a very, very fickle female cat as she quite often deserts us (her ahem family) for an old couple who "she has trained" to feed her with treats! Cats ,, there is no honour just the small of Tuna!