Saturday 22 September 2018

Jadotsville 1961

Every now and then you find something "new" and all you can say is: "Well I never!" That is the only way I can convey my amazement on watching "The Siege of Jadotsville" courtesy of Netflix and an amazing eye opener on the history of the Congo in the 1960's (see below, courtesy of NetFlix film):


At first I thought it was a made up story (akin to Apollo 19 Moon Monsters) but the truth was so close to home as shown in the film. Various scenarios immediately shout out probably using AK47?

PS: Best line in the film [Note: As time of writing remembering it] to me was: French (ex)Legionnaire Commander of the Mercenarie s speaking to teh Irish Company Commander. "You Commander have no experience of war." Quinlan (the Irish Commander) "I don't know about that. I have been married for ten years!"

For more information see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jadotville

4 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I too watched it last week..Excellent film all round, I was really rooting for A Coy.
I also looked the film up.
TBH, I´m amazed, not only that they Held out for so Long against such Odds without any KIA, but that after such (IMHO)an heroic Action, they recieved virtually no recognition.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Totally agree
That Legionnaire Commander looked a mean "Son of a Bitch"!

Broeders said...

The best bits you can see on You Tube.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

:)

Gotta like that bar scene