Sunday 13 February 2022

50% Through my Jarred Diamond Book Stack

A friend recently commented that he had just completed "Guns, the Germs and Steel" (which admittedly is an "old" Jarred Diamond) book, which I knew I had in my collection, so I dutifully checked my collection of four (yes I know there are others) and I see that was still on my to do list (see below, the pile is only only 50% done, "The Third Chimpanzee" and "Upheaval" done, "Guns Germs and Steel" along with "Collapse" still to do): 


Chaos and uncertainty, plus surviving in troubling times seems to be a constant theme. Trouble is he keeps writing books quicker than I am reading them.

2 comments:

Codsticker said...

I really enjoy Diamond's analysis and approach; I have found all his books thought provoking and very readable.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Guns, Germs and Steel has been on my reading list for a long time
Likewise the thought provoking way he approaches problems is quite intense and wider in scope :)