Saturday 12 February 2022

Looking forward to this (Vintage) release from Airfix later this year (2022): RAAF Boomerang (WWII)

A bit like the Fairey Battle kit, the RAAF Boomerang was a kit that I sadly missed first time round from my childhood Airfix shopping list. As it approaches a new [Autumn, so still a bit off] release date my salivation will start. Luckily it is one of the smaller models so even with the current plastic manufacturers price hikes [some of the prices of the recent large Airfix kits have caused consternation over the morning coffee, quite scary to the likes of little old me] I should snap one us (see below, I love the classic box art): 
 

Note: Not a smidgen of red anywhere to be seen near the markings. Quiet the opposite in fact, blue highlighted by white. That is meant calm the twitchy trigger finger nerves of friendly Allied AA gunners and Allied aircrew alike, to avoid common "blue-on-blue".

No comments: