Friday 17 September 2010

IJN Aircraft Carriers: Kaga and Akagi touch-ups

As I seem to be in a rather "naval" mode and mindset at the minute I was looking over my 1/3000 collection and say that the IJNS Kaga and Akagi had a spot of finishing to do on their flightdecks.


At the same time I decided to press on with the IJNS Hiryo and Soryu from the "killer six" Pearl harbour CVs.



The IJNS Shokaku and Zuikaku have finally made it out of their bags. I was most impressed by the actual size of the latter ships and their modern sleek looks.

7 comments:

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Nice IJN fleet you are gathering! which manufacturer makes these ships?

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

These are from Navwar.

Retailing about £1.10 a CV/BA/BC/CA/CL ship (£1.60 if it is a whooper), two in packet for the smaller cruisers and destroyers

Paul said...

Great work, I can see why Naval gaming is cheaper than land warfare, esp at that price!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Wow, those are very moderate in price! Will take a look at their website. Thanks for the information.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Paul

In 1/6000 the Jap/US carriers have decals for the flight decks

In 1/3000 I'm part mad for even trying to find a brush that can draw a straight line of the carrier deck

Good luck with Pt2 of Calais

Soldaten said...

Check out my blog...I am working on a project similar to yours. I ran War At Sea using 1/6000 miniatures at a recent convention and now I am working on the 1/6000 ships for Victory in the Pacific. The goal being to play the whole combined game in 1/6000.

http://modernwarsinminiature.blogspot.com/2010/08/war-at-sea-using-miniatures.html

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice site

Well worth a look