Thursday 23 September 2010

Red Muscle the T34/76

What wargame collection is complete without the ubiquitous T34 of 1941 era? Fast, rugged, punchy and well armoured, sloping to boot. Its tactical deployment in the early years of the war was its only undoing. Nevertheless it blunted the Blitzkrieg and was a Hero Of The Soviet Union in its own right.


This is not a matching pair. The chap on the left is a Fujimi 1/76 and the AAMG version to the left is perhaps my favourite Matchbox (now back out in Revell colours) tank kit. Prime choice for the Commanders tank.


Again an old couple whose life together started in Aberdeen and finally were painted and "decalled" to completion in England.

7 comments:

Whisperin Al said...

You seem to have a very nice looking collection - I've always liked the T34. I have one Britannia one in 20mm IIRC (not been out in a while) and a Corgi 1:50 myself.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Ashamedly I have yet even more T34's unpainted ;)


T34's always have impact

I remember an Exiles WW2 skirmish game with your T34/85 making a rather dramatic entrance to the horror of the defending Germans

Time to blow the bridge and ammunition dump!

John Lambshead said...

I have just base sprayed five armourfast T34/76s. John

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

John: Please send link to Photo :)

Al said...

Another good post Geordie, you have painted these really well

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Al

I am now running out of the painted stuff to show, so I'll have to get motivated with the brush.

Nice KV-1 on your site, mint!

Paul said...

Great looking pair of T34's. Get painting now to show us more!