Monday 8 October 2012

Just Putting Plastic Things Together (GW 40K Tyranids - Gene Stealers): Part III

Another box kit of dormant plastic takes a step towards the painting tray. GW Tyranids, the classic Sco-Fi genre "Genestealers". Not only do they want to kill you but they want to steal our DNA too. Humanity is officially no longer safe (see below):


I literally cannot remember when I got these. I even went through a phase of thinking I positively had a box but hen could not find them, then behold, when looking for some thing else I came across these in the loft. Four armed monsters without much variation, multiple head poses, but their weapons limited to ripping claws (see below):  


I did six of the standard box lid style (enough for one brood) and on the remaining two try the other variation shown on he back of the box. A tentacled head (let's call it a 'mindflayer' head - because that's exactly what it seems to be) with scything talons. A weapon set hat is still "up close and personal". Can you spot them above and below?


At the end of the day it is one less unmade kit in the house ;)

2 comments:

Monty said...

Blast from the past ;)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Yes I think mine will get a "Brown and Evil" paint scheme!