Wednesday 3 June 2015

A Dangerous Thing To Do: 15mm Napoleonic (1813 Leipzig)

I have been missing the gaming aspect of wargaming for the last few months (work/life balance thing), but I had a chance to pop into the local friendly wargame taverna and walked into the frenzied preparation for The Battle of Leipzig 1813 (see below, can you spot some harried looking Austrians, er or should that be Russians, looking for some decent hard cover):


It is a dangerous thing to pick up 15mm Napoleonics. They linger in your hand and start calling out to you "Where have you been?". I can hear my unpainted lead pining for me in the loft. We shall see what future posts will bring ;)

I have two  "ongoing" small Napoleonic painting projects (one French and one Prussian) started some ten years ago. All infantry, 15mm what was then Old Glory, but I think somebody else has picked them up now.

PS: The rule set is called Age of Eagles from the same people who brought F&F to ACW . If memory serves me correctly it plays well in "Big Games" although the artillery seemed too effective and deadly (more ACW than Napoleonic).

4 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Naps!!!

More Airfix Fairey Battle please!!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I know it's madness, but don't worry about the Fairey Battle she'll fly ;)

John Lambshead said...

Alyways thought this system was more of a model than a game.

Re: DBM etc.

Just ghastly.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Think this was meant to be put on the Lost Battles post:

Re: DBM .. ghastly
I have to agree (for me, not my cup of tea)
DBMM perhaps bit it is a lot of hard work (IMHO)

Yes model but the game (I have been told) is in beating the historical handicap

We'll see how it goes ;)