Saturday 28 October 2017

1941 The Denmark Strait project: 1/1200 HMS Suffolk, "I am the Walrus"

On a "project roll" I painted up the Walrus so I can show stern of HMS Suffolk (see please note the hand painted FAA roundels):


Researching HMS Norfolk I see classic wargamer's dilemma, she is different to HMS Suffolk. I could just paint up the second County Class and let her simply be called HMS Norfolk, but really I should remove the "hanger area aft" and remodel the aft portion of the ship accordingly according to me lovingly collected naval books ... hmmm. Now that "I know" the difference I feel obliged that I "have to have a go"!

2 comments:

Prufrock said...

The wargamer's curse! You'll be the happier for doing it right in the end, I'm sure :) I bet it would bug you otherwise! Good luck, and am looking forward to seeing the results.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

You read me like a book Prufrock ;)