Monday 23 October 2017

An Old Esci Friend: Pz 35(t) .. Old School Modelling!

By way of comparison and in start contrast to the new "First To Fight" I have pulled out an old friend from circa 1994 and a rare (even in those days) model of the Pz 35(t). I wince now remembering the pain I had putting the running track/wheels together. The track plastic itself was simply awful and broke several times. It needs redoing to say least. Yet still somehow it is an old favourite of mine and I would not part with it (see below):


I promise or rather pledge to redo the track this year!

3 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Yeah, nice one. Pain to build but a great 'whazzat?' for the table. Good luck on the refurb.

Stryker said...

I used to hate those soft plastic tracks. As a teenager I eventually acquired a stapler which was my solution to the problem!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Service Ration :)
I like your description of the "whazzat' panzer

Stryker
If you look closely you will see several staples trying to hold the Pz 35(t)'s tracks together. At this point a total refurbishment is required