Wednesday 30 January 2019

IT "Ground Hog Day" .. Hard Drive Failure (again)

Urk!

My stand low-spec "stop gap" Windows 7 laptop from my pre-Christmas crash gave out (probably out of despair with all the BBC Brexit reporting I was reading I was doing) and left me with an empty void. Twice in two months. Despite being 'days' over the warranty the local tradesman honoured the repair out of 'good will' which was much appreciated.

However I took advantage of the post "Xmas/January Sales" and got the family a more up-market Windows 10 beast. This one has moving internal parts - SSD  [Solid State Drive], which also means no CD which is a pity, so another 'hard disk' failure should be unlikely (but not impossible with a family of kids like mine)!

I thus return to the "blogsphere"!

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

You seem to have had a really bad run of computing luck!

Good luck with your new Windows 10 PC. I found that it took me a bit of time to get used to the 'new' way it worked, but now I am more than happy to use it.

All the best,

Bob

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Bob
Being an IT Guy (albeit the wrong sort of IT Guy for this problem) "all eyes turn to me" to fix it but inevitably it is a case of reaching for the plastic card!