Saturday 5 January 2019

10mm Western Desert Project for 2019

In my WWII wanderings I have not really "dug deep" into the Western Desert but that is destined to change in 2019 as one of my local wargaming groups is "going to do it in 10mm" (Pendrakon). As background to the campaign I decided to rummage through my board game collection and found something rather interesting that I want to "take out for a spin" (see below, it was once in a box but I foolishly threw it away - it is Attackix Games dating back to the early 1990's [they also did a Normandy Waterloo, Interstellar Wars, Battle of Britain and Arnhem - would be interesting to know if anybody out there played them]): 


It has simple, intermediate and advanced levels of play. Should be fun for an evening or two then we could get some ideas for a campaign system. Lots of painting to do before the tabletop toys are ready though!

5 comments:

Jim Jackaman said...

I have the Battle of Britain game but never played it. Looking forward to the 10mm project.

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

I have played the Arnhem and the Battle of Britain games and they are both excellent. I was never able to get the 8th Army or space games but I enjoyed the ones I did play.

All the best,

DC

Old Trousers said...

Hi Geordie,

I have the Normandy, Arnhem, Waterloo and 8th Army games. Of these, 8th Army and Arnhem are my favourites. Good luck with the project

Cheers

Jay

Archduke Piccolo said...

I have a copy of the SPI 'Desert Fox' that I have never played. I have been considering using its ORBAT as the basis for my operations level desert war games.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers gents
Nice to know the game has some good reviews

I should have said I have Arnhem and Battle of Britain (Fight for the Skies) too, and would have dearly loved to have got my hands on the Waterloo game.

I have played the Arnhem game and think it a perfect "battle generator" for small tabletop actions