Saturday 11 January 2020

Colonials: 1/72 Acquisitions

All part of the great master plan. Visiting my favourite Edinburgh model shop (Wonderland Models) I took my time searching through the plastic figure section focusing on a "Colonial" perspective (ignoring the Modern distraction of a certain excellent Caesar plastic miniature range, your time will come) I decided to 'fill up' on the British army of that period. I say period but in truth I sampled unashamedly from the "Colonial", "Second Boer War" and "WWI" ranges as they were figures "that would do" (see below, my haul now means the British can field an 'all arms' response to the Arab revolt.  alongside their French compatriots):   


You can blame all this madness on Bob Cordery's Portable Wargame, bless him, my missus doesn't! Watch this space for a bit of a Colonial biff-bash in 2020! Something like the Sudan or an Arab Revolt methinks!

4 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Geordie,

I hope I don’t have to wait too long before I see these new troops in action!

All the best,

Bob

Whiskers said...

I have about 200 British and 150 Dervish 1/72 HäT figures looking for a home in exchange for a donation to Henry Hyde’s Combat Stress appeal. Three boxes of Dervishes unopened, the rest of the models are spray undercoated. If interested, please e-mail paul.wisken@btinternet.com. Otherwise they will go for auction at the Donald Featherstone Dinner in March.

A J said...

A nice haul of goodies. I may go the plastic route for WW1 Mesopotamia.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Gents,

The plastic route (in 20mm) certainly is a low cost entry point into a period ;)

Watch this sapce as I hope to do the Colonial Game from Bob's Portable Wargame book!