Wednesday 27 September 2023

Plastic Soldier Company (PSC) Red Alert - Spaceship Bundle Pack

Plastic Soldier Company (PSC) made me another offer I could not refuse. 168 hard plastic space ships (admittedly of two types - "cruisers" [72] or "freighters" [96]) for a tenner (and six fifty for P&P because it is so heavy) .. so I bought two packs (same P&P), thinking this is the Red Alert (as this is the game the components originate from) "space ship offer" to end all "space ship offers"! What is not to like. Wow, I think it was the heaviest "toy" arrival to my door though, seeing the poor DPS delivery man struggle up my path to my door with a solid pack of plastic (see below, toys and toys galore - now to find a use for them!):  


But to what use these beauties for? The Trillion Credit Squadron (Traveller and Classic Traveller scenario) comes to mind (quantity wise  - you really need a lot of ships) but Billion Suns also looms large for a quick, quick win. The appealing aspect of this kit is that there is great potential for customisation with 'odds and ends' items from the "spares box" plus ubiquitous bits of generic plastic card!

Watch skies and watch this space for more updates ...

3 comments:

Simon said...

I think PSC might be struggling as a company and are selling items off. A good bargain though if you can use them.

Jim Jackaman said...

Bargain!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Simon .. I hope not as I like their plastic WWII 20mm stuff a lot!
Jim .. with you on that!