Saturday 19 March 2011

Big Blue and Robotic

Not a GW miniature (ha, ha I have broke the spell), I think it's supposed to be an ultra large (the scale on the pack said 1/144 which I thought was amusing) BattleField robot thingy.



I got it as it (was in a 'sale' and) suited me as a bit of mobile heavy weapon support for my 25/28mm Space Marines/Men and the like. A little friend perhaps to Hammerstein.

I think his name was "Grizzly Bear". It was also an experimentation with the Anita Acrylic Metallic Paint range. I think I need more shading, grime and dramatic highlighting.

5 comments:

Don M said...

That's from Heavy Gear game system:
http://www.dp9.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=64

some nice stuff there

Coyotebd said...

in scale he's probably between a tau Battlesuit and a IG Sentinel

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good Sci-Fi link thanks Don

Coyote, I think I know the size of the Tau but a IG Sentinel is ... a Star Wars Walker (12") or a small 3-4 year old child (36")?

Anyway I think I am going to stick with my "big" 28mm man-sized robot ;)

Arquinsiel said...

The pilot should be snugly tucked up into the chest cavity. You can see an ejection here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bafq8-a1CkU

At 28mil scale he'd be a pretty good fit for the name "Grizzly" alright.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks Arquinsel,

Nice video link

I think I have the size perspective now :)